Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Beginning

We are just about ready to go. From home to Calgary then, Calgary overnight to London and we are on our way.

The blog title says it all but, if we count counties we pass through without stopping (Belgium) it would be up to six. And I counted our 26 hour stop in the Azores as a part of Portugal although I am not sure if it really is. I'll let you know when I find out.

I generally counted one leg of a journey as one train trip even though there might be more than one train involved. For example, after disembarking from the ferry we travel from the Hook of Holland to Rotterdam and then change trains and head to Amsterdam. I counted that as one train.

However, when we take the train from Bordeaux to Hendaye on the Spanish border and change onto a small regional train which will take us to our destination, San Sebastian, I counted that as two.

No matter how we calculate it we will see a lot of countryside and it is an adventure I am looking forward to.

We'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment